What is a cookie and what are they used for?
A cookie is a small file containing browsing information which is stored in the user’s computer, tablet, smartphone or any other device. The cookies of all our users help us to improve the quality of our website, enabling us to control the pages that are useful, the ones that are not and those which can be improved. Cookies are essential for the Internet to function, and offer countless advantages in the providing of interactive services, enabling the browsing and usability of our website. Under no circumstances can cookies damage your device. On the contrary, the fact that they are active helps us to identify and solve errors.
What kind of cookies do we use?
Depending on the entity that manages them:
- Own cookies: These are cookies sent to your device from our devices or domains and from which we provide the service requested from us by users.
- Third-party cookies: These are cookies sent to your device from a device or domain not managed by us, but by another collaborating entity. Such as, for example, those used by the social media, or by external content, such as Google Maps.
Depending on the time they remain active:
- Session cookies: These are temporary cookies that remain in the cookies file of your browser until you leave the website, meaning that they are never recorded on your computer’s hard drive. The information obtained by means of these cookies serves to analyse website traffic models. In the long term, this enables us to provide a better experience in order to improve the content and enable its use.
- Persistent cookies: These are cookies stored on the hard drive and read by our website every time you visit it. A persistent cookie has a specific expiry date. The cookie will stop functioning after that date.
Depending on their purpose:
- Technical cookies: These are required to browse our website and ensure that it functions properly. They permit, for example, the control of data traffic and communication, access to restricted parts of the website, use of security features, storing content for circulating videos or sharing content on social media.
- Personalisation cookies: These permit you to access the service with a number of predefined characteristics based on a series of criteria, such as your language, the type of browser you use to access the service, the regional configuration from which you access the service, etc.
- Analysis cookies: These permit us to quantify the number of users and therefore to statistically measure and analyse the use made by users of the services provided. We therefore analyse the way you browse our website with a view to improving the range of products and services we offer.
- Advertising cookies: These enable the management, in the most efficient possible way, of the advertising spaces potentially included in our website.
- Behavioural advertising cookies: These cookies store information on user behaviour obtained by means of constant observation. Thanks to these, we can study your internet browsing habits and show advertising related to your browsing profile.
Purpose of each of the cookies used
Below we detail the cookies used on our website and their purpose.
List of cookies used on the Bilogistik.com domain
|_ga||.bilogistik.com||Cookies used by Google Analytics which contains an anonymous identifier used to distinguish users.||Analytical||Own|
|_ga||.gstatic.com||Cookies used by Google Analytics which contain an anonymous identifier used to distinguish users.||Analytical||Third-party|
|_gid||.bilogistik.com||Google Analytics uses this cookie to store and update a single value for every page visited. The cookie updates every time it sends data to Google Analytics.||Analytical||Own|
|gtm_debug||www.googletagmanager.com||Used to test Google Tag Manager.||Analytical||Third-party|
|gtm_preview||www.googletagmanager.com||Used to test Google Tag Manager.||Analytical||Third-party|
|DSID||.doubleclick.net||Used to retarget, optimise, report and attribute online advertising.||Advertising||Third-party|
|IDE||.doubleclick.net||Used to retarget, optimise, report and attribute online advertising.||Advertising||Third-party|
|_icl_current_language||www.bilogistik.com||Identifies the user’s language.||Technical||Own|
|_ceg.s||.bilogistik.com||Used by Crazy Egg to improve user experience.||Technical||Own|
|_ceg.u||.bilogistik.com||Used by Crazy Egg to improve user experience.||Technical||Own|
|_dc_gtm_UA-63369945-1||.bilogistik.com||Cookies used by Google Analytics when the implementation is through Google Tag Manager.||Analytical||Own|
How can the user configure or disable cookies?
You can enable, block or delete the cookies installed on your computer by configuring your Internet browser options. If you don’t enable the installation of cookies on your browser, you may be unable to access some of the services and find that your experience on our website is less satisfactory. In the following links you will find full information on how to configure or disable cookies on each browser: